Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy SURPRISE Anniversary














A couple of months ago my dad asked me to plan a surprise anniversary party for my mom and him. They have been married for 40 years...well little did he know that I had already planned something for them the weekend before their anniversary. I had to do it on my birthday which miraculously for me came on my 30th because I most certaintly didn't want to focus on that day. Well, it went off with a hit!! Yeah!!! I had invited about 125 people and we had about 90 or so come. It was great. The story begins with a very bad week for us though. We were very sick and the girls had gotten the flu. I woke up about 2 on saturday morning with it. I have not been sick in ages... and it has to come on my birthday and the big day... well, I made it through the day with a happy face, I don' t think any one even knew I was sick except the people I told!! The biggest surprise of the evening was the "special guest" Yvonne and her husband flew in from Washington state...It was great!! We went out to supper before hand and my aunt and uncle had come down also. After we ate we told mom and dad we were going back to our place for cake and ice cream and people were coming over. Well, instead Brandon told them that we needed to make a stop at the CVA apartments to pick up a package for some missionaries in PNG... :) Well, dad went to help him and I told mom and my aunt to come too. There were already some people there, so that was a nice surprise!! Thanks to Mrs. Evans, Mrs. Stine and Jen the evening was a blast!! I am so thankful for my parents and for the Lord allowing them to spend 40 wonderful years together!! I also had a little surprise of my own from the Evans and Stines!!
This is my parents being throughly surprised!!!

1 comment:

The Barkers said...

How fun. I'm so glad it turned out well and that you all are over your sicknesses.
Happy 30th! 30 is wonderful, don't let it get you down. :-)