Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Brandon is off...

well, today was the big day. Brandon left of Papua New Guinea for three full weeks. He will be returning on April 5. Yes I am without a camera now, so you will see no pictures for three weeks. I will post some of his trip when he returns. We are very excited about this opportunity the Lord has given him to go. His amazing skill and knowledge of building houses should come in handy over there while they are trying to get the Crain house up and running for them. He left with another man this morning who is the brother in law of the man they are going to build the house for and met his father in Chicago. He was able to call me right before they boarded their flight to Singapore. It was a hard day for me, but the girls and I stayed busy. That is the best thing for me right now. Tonight during our devotions Aleeza asked prayer for her grandpa, daddy and the other kids daddy( as she calls him ) that went to PNG. Her heart is so tender. My main goal is not to cry in front of them while he is gone. I teared up ( ok did more than tear up) tonight while we were praying and she stuck her little hand up on my face and wiped the tear away and said, " mommy it will be ok, don't be sad. " I told her they were tears of joy and that I am happy, just missing daddy. She is already asking for him which will be hard to keep explaining to her for the next three weeks that he will be home soon. This is clearly why the Lord did not allow my desire all my life to marry a military man to come to light. Brandon was one day shy of joing the Marines but I dont' know that I could handle that. I am thankful that he is around most of the time. Please keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been praying for you, dear! How is today going?