Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 28, 2008

update 3...

I received an e-mail from Brandon on Tuesday morning stating that they were getting a lot accomplished.They were going to be putting in the electrical, plumbing and cabinets. In all his "free time" he was building a treasure chest for little boy with cerebral palsey. Last time he was there he struck up a really neat friendship with Samuel. He truly has a heart for those people and their country. They still have not heard anything about the airstrip and are waiting word to see if it will be long enough for them to work with. The government is being pretty picky about the length but they will not be flying jets in and out just bush planes. Pray the government will approve the length.
His father is feeling better. Seems to have been a bout of upset stomach.
Well, we have two weeks down and one more to go. I am glad. We are ready for Daddy to be home. Three weeks is a very long time. We really miss him but are excited about what he is getting to do there. Every night we have been tearing our chains off to see how many more days we have till daddy comes home... finally only 7. Aleeza woke up this morning and I said guess who comes home in one week, she sat up and just yelled, "daddy". The girls have been really good the past two weeks. They both have runny noses but are hanging in there.
Again, I can't say enough how much of a blessing it is to have Marrissa and Kendrea (Brandon's cousins) staying with me. I could not have survived these three weeks without them... highly doubtly that any of us could do anything against a robber is someone broke in...:) but just knowing they are here at night helps me sleep. The Lord is gracious and good. He most importantly has calmed my nerves and helped me to sleep at night. As many of you know I have no problem going to bed early and the girls can contest to that... Come 8 o'clock I am in neverland... So wearing myself out throughout the day really helps me to sleep well. I am thankful to my dear aunt Colleen for letting them stay with me also. It has been such a great help...:) I don't think the girls know how much it means to me to have them here.
Over and over the past few weeks the Lord has just continued to provide our needs. It is amazing!
Well, that is the update for now. I am hoping for one more e-mail before he heads out but we shall see. It is very hard for them to communicate with us from over there. He will be leaving the bush on April 1 which is Monday for us, March 31. They will have about a 3 day trip ahead of them to get home. Please pray for their safety, to connect to all their flights on time and to stay healthy!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Yea!!! 2 down and only 1 to go. I totally understand about the sleeping thing. It is so comforting just knowing there is someone else in the house.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Sarah Ann said...

I have been praying for you, Ashley. Keep hanging in there with the Lord's help.